Thursday, November 14, 2013

Warhammer 40K: Dark Vengeance Part 8

Chaos Chosens completed over the weekend.


This unit was the first to be completed as I painted this while following Jay's tutorial. I then use it as a guide on parts to paint on the other models.

The hellbrute is the first "vehicle" I have painted.it is certainly fun to paint it in preparation of the dreadnoughts I intend to add to my Deathwing company.

Kranon posed an interesting challenge as I tried to create a "living effect" after noticing the faces on the blade. This, in my opinion, is the toughest part in the whole collection to create. I am still undecided on the quality presented here. I might just look around eBay for another model to paint.
Yeah, I forgot to finish up the plasma gun.

The Sergeant.

The close combat guy.

The power axe guy.

The twins.
  
Chaos units here are certainly a fun bunch to paint due to the layer of details and the chaotic designs on their armour, especially the sculpture of faces trying to come out from their leg and shoulder plates. 

I will probably revisit on some of the minor parts which I left out this round such as the tendrils encasing the backpacks.

Next step:-
- Chaos cultist

2 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

Whoa ... you are a very fast painter! =) I need to buck up and paint faster myself.

DWolve said...

Thanks. I don't see myself alas fast though. More of crazy painter XD