Monday, June 09, 2014

Warhammer 40K: Dark Angel Company Masters

As mentioned in my previous post, I had a side project going on. While scouring around ebay, I came across games-workshop's exclusive captain minis which was released earlier for purchases above 60 GBP. Both versions were flooding ebay at that time which got me itching to get myself a copy, since they would make great company masters for my Dark Angel Chapter (while my primary goal is to complete the Deathwing Company, I am definitely looking forward to the possibility of myself owning the entire 1000 man Dark Angel Chapter). Together with the space marine captain from Assault on Black Reach which I acquired as part of a purchase with a buddy of mine (he took it to be precise, and I actually liked the model), I got myself 4 new company masters.

3rd Company Master
 
The 3rd company master was the second limited edition captain which I added the wings (from ravenwing upgrade set) on the helmet. Just noticed that I screwed up the Dark Angel symbol on the flag. Will be repairing that later. Made a mistake of attaching the backpack and banner on the model before painting.

4th Company Master
 
The 4th Company Master is the Captain from Assault on Black Reach box set. The company symbol on the left leg was tricky to paint on.

5th Company Master
 
If you have been following this blog, you would have met Balthazar from the Dark Vengeance box set.

6th Company Master
 
The 6th Company Master is from the first web exclusive model which was recently released. I certainly have no idea how to paint the skulls on the cloak as I was certainly not expecting that at all. Also I forgot to paint the lens on his face.

7th Company Master
 
It would certainly be wrong not to get a copy of the Dark Angel Company Master finecast from Games-Workshop since he is made specifically for the Dark Angel Chapter with the iconography on the banner and cloak. He would have been the 3rd Company Master if I had purchased him earlier.

8th/9th/10th Company Master
I have yet to acquire the company masters for the last three chapters. Even so, I am planning to use the following.
This unit was made for use as the 8th Company Master of the Ultramarines. I am using him as the 7th since he has Jump Packs (why was he assigned to the Ultramarine's Devestator Squad, I would not know).

The generic space captain model will be used as my 9th Company Master due to the lack of proper models available that represents the devastator squad. I will certainly look for means to replace the head decoration with wings to fit the Dark Angels.

Originally the 9th Company Master for the Ultramarines, I'm using this for my 10th instead since he looks more kickass as the scout company with the scanner and all.

I have placed the orders for the missing models. Hopefully the will be completed by the end of the month.

5 comments:

Schedler Vincent said...

Nice figures and I like the painting work .
Cheers .

FourEyedMonster said...

Wow ... your Dark Angels army is getting bigger by the month. :)

DWolve said...

Thanks for the compliments Captain Lol. Your figurines have been an inspiration on flesh tones, which I still have a long way to go.

FourEyedMonster: Yes they are. I intend to finish the Deathwing Company first. Followed by probably the Ravenwing next, towards the whole Chapter XD
Btw, were you at the recent Legios Bash?

FourEyedMonster said...

I really wanted to but unfortunately I was looking at the wrong place for updates. I usually check out Legio's blog for updates on the event but this time round I guess the updates were done elsewhere. (Duh ... self facepalm moment) Were you there?

DWolve said...

Yup. I submitted my Belial, Venerable Dreadnaught and 10 man command squat (with almost every equipment combination imaginable) for the Golden Demon competition for the heck of it XD.

Too bad the land raider and Deathwing Banner bearer was not ready in time. Probably next year then XD