Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Warhammer 40K: Farsight Commander Sha'Vastos and Commander Bravestorm

Finally. After almost 2 months since I completed the prototype, I have completed both Commander Sha'Vastos and Commander Bravestorm (well 80% actually. There are some minor details remaining which I need to work on).

From left: Commander Bravestorm and Commander Sha'Vastos
 Commander Sha'vastos
 
 
The markings on Commander Sha'Vastos is based on the markings found on GW's website and in the Farsight Enclave Codex.

Commander Bravestorm
 
 
I had to get creative with Command Bravestorm as there are no official miniature model of him found anywhere. Even GW's website actually had 2 models made based on Commander Brightsword. As much as I try to follow closely to the artwork in the Farsight Enclave Codex, I made a key mistake with this model as I accidentally painted Sha'Vastos's markings on him, only to realise that the flamer was on the wrong shoulder.

 
 

The original prototype
Some modifications were made to the painting method as I forgot that I had a log from the previous work. Basically, the drybrushing for the latest minis this time was done with a large drybrush, to save some time. The grey parts was done in 2 coloured layers: Dawnstone/Nuln Oil wash/Ulthuan Grey edge.


2 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

Wow ... I love the eye lens effect your achieved for the miniature. Nice. :)

DWolve said...

Thanks. This was based directly from Citadel's Guide to Painting Tau on the iPad.