Saturday, March 29, 2014

Warhammer 40K: Trazyn the Infinite and Illuminator Szeras

Finally completed the two new necron addition to my collection. Trazyn the Infinite and Illuminator Szeras.

Trazyn the Infinite
 
 
I had this unit since my buddy gave this to me during Chinese New Year and never got to finished it beyond the basecoating and initial washing as I was focusing on getting my Deathwing Termies up and running for a 750 tournament. As seen above, I still screw up with the glow effect on the warscythe in an attempt to make it to look like this.

I will probably strip up the paint on the scythe and reattempt it again later. surprisingly, I got the back correct without even referring to Games-Workshop's website.

You can see a 3D version of this unit here.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat700002a&prodId=prod1380037a
Since the have updated their website, you can check out Trazyn here
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Necron-Trazyn-the-Infinite


Illuminator Szeras
 
 
 
This unit was a tough one to get it painted since the mini only stands on one leg touching the table for some reason. Anyway, this gives me some basing creativity with the pebbles to give it a flat touching illusion. As you can see, I am missing out on the back a lot since as, like Trazyn above, I was working without a reference image for the back. I just saw the photo from Games-Workshop's site and will probably work on them after finishing my Crisis suits.

The Necron Five
 
 

All that is missing now from my Necron collection is Imotekh, Vagard Obyron and Nemesor Zahndrekh.


No comments: