Saturday, November 23, 2013

Warhammer 40K: Dark Vengeance Part 10

Finally, Dark Vengeance set is completed!!!
 
I really did not have any ideas on how to exactly paint them even with online references which I just found (http://www.3plusplus.net/2012/08/6th-edition-starter-set-dark-vengeance-preorders/)
 
The urgency to complete them before the end of the month got me to try something different and a little short cut-tish since I found myself getting a little lazy to put any more effort (eg, paint mixing to get the tones needed)
 
 
 
I used plenty of drybrushing this time to create a dusty effect on the cultist, except for Tetchvar who was painted  a few days earlier. I initially tried to create an identity for each of the twins, via grey (dawnstone) and brown (steel legion drab) drybrushing. The grey did not turn out so well against some of the colours I used as a basecoat.

The complete set is now in my living room cupboard. I am thinking of creating a small diorama to showcase the units.
Dark Angels
Crimson Slaughter

For those who are wondering, yes, the bases are still unpainted as I have yet to decide the exact colour to use (either Eschin Grey, Dawnstone or the same gold/brown like colour I see around. Still have not identified that shade of colour)

Next Step:
- Base colouring
- Deathwing Army setup

*On a footnote, this is entry number 50! Woo Hoo!!!

4 comments:

Legionwing said...

Great perseverance to finish all these minis in such a short time frame. Took me months and months just to finish minis for the Legend of Drizzt...

DWolve said...

Thanks, Legs, I'm starting to feel a burnout when I painted these guys. If not for the trip which I intend to get them on the tabletop soon, I'd probably be leaving them aside for another 1-2 weeks.

FourEyedMonster said...

Kudos to you for your perseverance in completing the whole set and painting it well too. ^_^

I haven't even manage to complete 15% of the set since getting it on release. In fact i even have an extra set which I am now regret getting (it was on sale at a bookshop) and am thinking of selling later.

DWolve said...

Thanks FourEyedMonster! I guess is just the fact that I intend to bring it out to the table this Friday with a good buddy of mine became a key factor in finishing it. Besides, I also have some mini projects which has been set aside (I've got a few termagaunts, an apache and a tomcat still unpainted). Yet I got myself some other stuff to paint on XD