Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tools

Just for the record, I have the following items as part of my toolset at time of posting

- 1 size 1 brush
- 1 size 00 brush
- 1 size 4 flat brush for dry brushing
- 1 Citadel wash brush
- 2 Citadel starter brush
- 1 art knife
- 1 art palette
- Citadel paints from Warhammer 40K paint set and The Hobbit Paint set + Abaddon Black, Macragge Blue, Ceramite White and Nuln Oil
- 1 bottle of Tamiya Cement
- 1 bottle of Extra Thin Tamiya Cement

Additional tools that I find useful to have
- Good table lamp. Lighting does play a very important part in the quality of the paint job.
- Camera. The flash from the camera does show key contrast on the job done. You will see what I meant in further post. Also it is a good habit to keep track of your work progress for future reference. Posting or blogging about it is entirely optional ;)
- Painter's tape. Good for covering spots you do not wish to spray paint and it is not sticky enough to leave any residue. Just do not use it to tape something permanently.
- Primer paints. I am currently using Bosny Blackboard Black as my main primer. I might probably get Citadel's Spray later to test the difference. I am also using Krylon's Camouflage Black for my Doom Board Game miniatures.

New on 20130726
- Base (Averland Sunset)
- Layers (Pink Horror, Flash Gitz Yellow)
- Glaze (Lamenters Yellow, Bloodletter, Gulliman Blue, Waywatcher Green)
- Technical (Liquid Green Stuff)
- Brush (Citadel Large Brush, Citadel Fine Detail Brush)

No comments: