Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Doom Miniatures Part 2: Red Imps

While waiting to get myself a new primer to test, I decided that I have the paints needed to work on the imps. So I started painting the base with Mounfang Brown, a tribute to the original imps in Doom/Doom 2. The whole figure is then washed with a thick layer of Nuln Oil.

And here is the fun part. I no longer recall exactly which paint I used to drybrush the final figure although I believe I used Steel Legion Drab. This shows the importance of taking notes for every steps you made as I was not able to replicate the same result later.
Before and after the drybrush
All four imps after drybrushing
Same units taken without the use of flash
Close up with flash

Close up without flash

Colors used:
- Mournfang Brown
- Mephiston Red
- Nuln Oil
- Steel Legion Drab

Next step:
- New Primer
- Flesh colored paint for marine (Ratskin Flesh perhaps?)
- Pale flesh paint for zombies?
- Jokaero Orange/Khorne Red for cyberdemon?
- Definitely Jokaero Orange for the arch-fiend, perhaps?

Feel free to post ideas of color scheme for the other unpainted units.

No comments: