Monday, July 29, 2013

Doom Miniatures Part 11: Mancubus

Big, Fat, Ugly and Deadly!
It took me a long while to decide the scheme to work on this unit. I previously layer the the arms with Leadbelcher.
I start of by layering a base Ratskin Flesh.
The miniature is then layered with Steel Legion Drab to give it a darker hue.
A layer of Rakath Flesh is then added to give it a grey hue.

Finally, I added Mournfang Brown to give it a nice light brown base color.
Here I tested by washing with Light Seraphim Sepia which does not make very much different over brown base. I wash it again with Agarax Earthshade to give it a more detailed shadow on the pits and groves.
I then drybrush Ushbati Bone all over the model to give a greyer hue.
Finally, the mouthpiece is drybrushed with Pink Horror. The arm and back is recolored with Leadbelcher. The toes are colored with Ceramite White.

Only after painting, do I realised that I should have gone retro!
Probably the better color to use.

I might rework on of my units to this color. At least I know now how my cyberdemon is going to use.

Paint Used:
- Leadbelcher
- Base Ratskin Flesh
- Steel Legion Drab
- Rakath Flesh
- Light Seraphim Sepia
- Agarax Earthshade
- Drybrush Ushbati Bone
- Pink Horror
- Ceramite White

Next Step:
- Cyberdemon

No comments: