Monday, August 05, 2013

Doom Miniatures Part 12: Cyberdemon

Doom 3 Cyberdemon
Even though that the board game is based on Doom 3's version, I was inspired to use the version below.

Doom 2 Cyberdemon
I realised that my models are too uniform in color and I decided to do something different with this guy.

Split apart for an easy time painting
So starting of, I based my units with Mournfang Brown. In case you are wondering, the legs and metal parts were previously painted with Leadbelcher. Probably not a wise move, but useful if you want to clearly differenciate the areas of flesh and metal.
The skin is the washed with Nuln Oil to darken the pits and creases. The skin is then layered with Steel Legion Drab and highlights were done with Ratskin Flesh. The eyes were dotted with Mephiston Red and then the entire metallic parts were glazed according to their faction. Once the paint job is completed, both top and bottom are finally glued together.
It's about damn time!

While not as bright as I wanted, it is not as dark as the miniatures when put next to each other.

Paint Used:
- Mournfang Brown
- Leadbelcher
- Steel Legion Drab
- Ratskin Flesh
- Mephiston Red
- Nuln Oil

Next Step:
- Lacquering

No comments: