Sunday, September 01, 2013

Warhammer 40K: Space Hulk Genestealers Part 3

With the painting style at hand, I went overnight finishing the rest of the genestealers. Probably should have taken it slow as painting details at 3 am is not a joke.
 

Same as before,  I layered the genestealers with Xereus Purple followed by a layer of Carroburg Crimson over the entire unit. The exposed part of the arms and legs are then painted with a layer of Genestealer Purple first (just over the required area) then layered the skin and carapace with Macragge Blue. The is then drybrushed with Calgar Blue (especially highlighting the spine and edge pieces). The rest of the exposed part is layered with Genestealer Purple. Claws are painted with Ceramaite White (I really need those White Scars) while the scything talons are painted with Ushbati Bone and washed with Agrax Earthshade. The wash does not appear in the photos as I washed them the next day.
The army from the front
The army from the top


Time to hit the sack!

Next Step:
- Terminator Squad
- More Genestealers
- Broodlord

3 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

Hi DWolve, I have added you to my blog list but for some reason your new posts are not updating on my list. Is it due to your blogger settings?

DWolve said...

Thanks for letting me know. Seems my feed setting is turning this off. Will update when it's fixed.

DWolve said...

Should be fixed now. As mentioned earlier, I didn't have my feed on.