Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Warhammer 40K: Space Hulk Genestealers Part 2

Got some genestealers painted over the last few days.
 
 

This first guy was painted using Genestealer as a base, followed by Macragge Blue for the carpace and the skin, as per design in the Space Hulk card game. The spine is the drybrushed with Calgar Blue. I should say that it was a surprised move away from how the termagants were painted as I had always assumed that the arms were the main flesh. Anyhow, the fangs were painted with Ceramite White and Mephiston Red for the tongue. I still need to work more on the toxin sac as I am still not happy with the result. Primarily due to the size and difficult positioning of the sac itself.
Genestealer with extended carapace
 


I did some changes with the 2nd and 3rd genestealer. For one, I based the unit with Xereus Purple first, followed by a generous wash of Carroburg Crimson. This is to give a base shading over several parts which I could skip painting like the creases in the arm joints and such. I then painted the skin and carapace with Macragge Blue and drybrush the spine with Calgar Blue, just like the first unit. The skin is then painted with Genestealer Purple to give the proper bright colour. At a glance, there isn't much difference between the two methods. The second method does give a better depth in the grooves of the genestealer.

I sure do not want to be caught by these guys charging at me XD

Next Step:
- Scything Genestealers

No comments: