Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Warhammer 40K: 5th Company Command Squads Specials

After a long period missing due to the kids, I finally took a day off from work to catch up on some of my minis. Any longer and I will probably have to learn how to paint from scratch all over again. Not only was my work a little rusty, my new pot of Dawnstone was found to be a plastic gel in the bottle. Attempts to resurrect it with some Tamiya thinner resulted in a paint goo. Time to get a new one.

This time, I managed to get some of my key units for the command squad completed, since I already have a company champion.

Company Standard Bearer
Closer view of the banner itself
While noted the company standard is easy, it is my first completed banner, despite having the Deathwing Company Banner on hold since I started it. The four sections were quite easy to paint. I used the decal for the DA symbol in the center as I was afraid that I would ruin it, should I attempted to free hand it.

Company Apothecary
1st Apothecary, Company Master Command Squad
Same Apothecary, side view
2nd Apothecary, Librarian Command Squad
Managed to also completed the two Apothecaries, although one is missing the base as I am short of it. Time to get more from the web

9th Devastator Squad Sergeant
5th Company 9th Devastator Squad (220 points)
Another sergeant completed to complete the squad list. In fact, I have decided to reassign some of my existing veterans to company sergeants for the first and second tactical squad

5th Company 1st Tactical Squad (190 points)
- Veteran Sergeant with power fist and bolt pistol
- Plasma gun
- Heavy bolter

5th Company 2nd Tactical Squad (180 points)
- Veteran Sergeant with lightning claws
- Plasma gun
- Multi-melta

With the new Dark Angel Codex coming around the corner, I hope that I will not need to alter much of my company layout.

Also, a side project while working on the above
Forgot to take this pic earlier.

* Forgot to add that finally I received the notice for my Robotech Tactics Wave 1 has been shipped! I will probably be spending more time assembling the models then since assembly work has less time and attention cost compared to painting. I will post them up as I go along with the assembly.

My paint roster currently should be as follow:
- Dark Angels Chaplain, Razorbacks and Darkshroud
- Space Hulk
- Robotech Tactics
- Descent 2 minis
- Finish up Deathwing

2 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

Wow you have been busy in the short time you have! To think it seems like only yesterday that the Dark Angels had a new codex. Time sure flies.

DWolve said...

Thanks. Most of the green and cloth were done previously in January's job. Just final detailing this round.

New codex coming very soon. Hopefully we get good competitive improvements. XD