Monday, May 18, 2015

Robotech Tactics: Prelude Part 3 - The Weekend Job

Another quick update on some of the works done over the weekend.

Zentradi Heavy Artillery Pod
Same as Light Artillery Pod except heavier missiles.
Tomahawk/Excalibur
Spartan/Gladiator
Phalanx/Spartan
Defender/Radiar X
Phalanx with Experimental Missiles
Size Comparison between RDF and Zentradi Mecha. Did not expect the destroids to be shorter than the pods
Destroids
Overall, the destroids are not that fiddly as compared to the Veritechs. They are quite straight forward to build except for the leg assembly, which can be vastly improved by possibly removing the stubs in the torso. The stubs are there to guide the leg fitting, but the sizing itself makes it near impossible to get your leg to stay in properly. It took alot of patience to wait for the cement to set the legs in position.
Recommended order: chasis->legs->arms->bits

Primary fleet completed over the weekend. VFs from the left are 1Js, 1Rs and 2 rows of 1As
Finally decided on my Veritech roster after some calculation. With my 11 (9 + 2 from my earlier order) I am working on the following:
2 VF-1J - Max and Miriya's colour
6 VF-1A - Max, Miriya, Rick and Ben's colour is a must. I have 1 which will have the mass production brown and possibly the last one in Dark Angel colours
2 VF-1R - Still undecided on the colour to use
1 VF-1S - Undecided to either attempt Rick Hunter's colour or Deathwing. I might go with Deathwing since Rick's VF-1S is in fact Skull 1 after Roy died.

Oh yeah, it is going to be a while before I can post up the sprue list for the destroids. Forgot to take shots of them before starting the assembly since each sprue can build 2 destroids of the same kind each.

2 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

My favourite figure in this bunch ... by far ... is the first one. It looks awesome. Can't wait to see that one painted. Not much of a fan of the other robots though. Must explain why the only anime robot show I truly liked was Evangelion as the robots looked more organic like the first figure.

DWolve said...

Lol. The walking eggs. Interesting choice.

I fell in love with Macross during the mid 80s when I got myself VF-1S Roy Fokker for my birthday present. One of my biggest regret is not taking care of it. But then again, I was 5 XD. When I first saw the Macross anime on Friday cartoons, I was hooked. Then came the Robotech series and finally the RPG.

Skull forever!