Friday, February 20, 2015

Misc: Kong Xi Fa Chai to all and a short update.

Happy Chinese New Year to all who are celebrating. The last months since Christmas was a pain, no thanks to the gomen's GST implementation. My personal advice, do not get involve.

Anyhow, I did not get much opportunity to work on them since I had to use the study as the secondary paint station, which does not provide proper ambient lighting for me to work on. At least I managed to get most of the assault marines done.

5th Company 7th Assault Squad
5th Company 8th Assault Squad
Partially done, these will take up a lot of hours

I will be taking a break from the Dark Angels Chapter once these are completed to get some of my other minis done, namely the Space Hulk Termies and my Descent models. Hopefully, my Kickstarter RDF armada should arrived by then.

On the other note, the same buddy was happy with the Christmas gift I got for him. It was Bandai's 1/7 scale Darth Vader which was released recently. I could have just left it unpainted, but it just did not feel right with me. Although the entire model was black, I painted it with Abbadon Black with a small mix of Eschin Grey.

Thanks to Lahmian Medium, the glossy part stays glossy.

I also recently got myself a Storm Trooper and TIE Advanced from the same line. The TIE Advanced is still unassemble as I intend to paint it. The Storm Trooper, however, is a different story. The ceramic trooper armour will be hell for me to paint as such to maintain the same glossyness, which I decided to just left it as it is.
 
 
This guy will certainly pair up well with my buddy's Darth Vader. Some of the minor details, although decals were provided, I will be painting later instead.

Once again, a Happy Chinese New Year to all and Paint More Minis!

2 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

Cool Star Wars figures ... incidentally those two are my favourites with the Storm Trooper my all-time favourite! Nice overall work on the Dark Angels too. :)

By the way, Kiong Hee Huat Chai to you and your loved ones!

DWolve said...

Thanks. Happy CNY to you too. Might just pick up some kamen riders next