Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Macross/Robotech: HWR-00-Mk II (Monster/M.A.C.) Part 2

Finding the right time even on long weekends was tricky especially when there is a lot to do at home. At least I got some progress on the MAC II.

 
 
 
One thing for sure is that I lack focus when comes to painting large models like this, evidently from fact that the Land Raider and Dark Talon is still not completed. Also scheduling several hours in 1 shot to work on them is tough. At least now I have a new paint station which you see above, thanks to my lovely wife who got it for me for my recent birthday. It certainly helps as it allows me to clear the table away away for dinner without the need to pack everything off and to continue when dinner is done. I will probably need to get the GW water pot since that is the only thing that missing to allow me to paint on the go as the cup I am using topples easily on this station.

In the mean time, here is a sneak peek on new units joining Balthazar's company.
Got the assault squads since I wanted to check out the spruce and bits load out and at the same time get some other squad type units since I already have terminators and tactical marines. I was initially hoping to get the devastator squads but those were not available at time of purchase. These units were from the vanguard veteran kit since they had more bits available compared to the standard assault marine kits. And I have used up most of the variant weapons available permitted by the codex. I will certainly need to grab a wider range of kits if I were to have at least every possible weapon options.

These veterans were from the upgrade kit I purchased while building up my land raider. I finally decided to make them with some of the spares available from the vanguard veterans kit, again with multiple weapon combination possible as permitted by the codex. I was only able to make 3 out of 4 since there were not enough arm piece for use with the storm bolter. Definitely need to allocate more funding for more kits, or look around for space marine bits bins. Sternguard Veteran bits perhaps?

2 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

Nice of the missus to get you the gift. ^_^ By the way good progress on the MAC II. The guns remind me of a battleship.

DWolve said...

They are somewhat similar to a battleships as they MAC II are used as primary artillery by the SDF themselves.

And the wife did mentioned she's glad she got it. No need to mess the dining table anymore XD