Friday, July 25, 2014

Macross/Robotech: HWR-00-Mk II (Monster/M.A.C.) Part 1

One of the many big guns everybody who watched Macross/Robotech would love to pilot is the HWR-00-MK II known as the Monster or M.A.C. depending on which series you follow. Since this unit was introduced to me proper during my Robotech RPG days, I will be referring to as the MAC.

I got this bad boy as a birthday gift from a buddy of mine. I already had one built and painted (basecoated green with Tamiya spray only) a few years back in which I decided to take a different path for this model.

 
 
 

I started the project a few weeks back and have yet to continue since then due to some major workload in the office for a project that should be launching sometime this week. I was looking forward to continuing the basecoat touch up in the evenings which proved difficult since there were plenty do to at home at the moment. I look forward to continue working with this over the coming long Raya weekend together which the Dark Talon which I have done some progress prior to the work above.

Assembling the model was tricky since there were a lot of the parts were molded thin and for some reason does not snap in accurately, compared to the previous build. Probably since I was in a way rushing when building this model. This, however, gave me a good try on learning how to use putty (Tamiya putty in this case) to smooth some of the poorly done joints.

Also for this build, I decided to go with the Deathwing colour scheme as the previous one was done in the standard green. I have added some Dark Angel icons here and there.

Hopefully, I should be able to make good progress on this model, the Dark Talon and the Land Raider which is still not complete. Also, I need to do more work on Sammael which needs a few more touch up.

3 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

Those are mighty big guns! I always thought that Macross/Robotech stuff came pre-painted. I guess I was wrong. Looking forward to your progress on this cool looking piece. :)

AbesolutZERO said...

Where did you get this model?

DWolve said...

Sorry for the late reply. I got my first one from a figure shop in near Hatten hotel Melaka. The second one is a birthday gift from a buddy of mine. I also last saw them in Time Machine in Berjaya Times Square level 2