Thursday, February 13, 2014

Just a short pause

The CNY break certainly does take a toll on my mood to paint. I was surprised that I could not find the mood to paint the new units I got just before the break. Hopefully this Saturday would yield results.

Anyway, as a checkpoint for my DeathWing Company, I have the following so far:

Company Master Belail. Painted
Squad 1: 5-man Terminator Squad with Chaingun and Chainfist (from Dark Vengeance set). Painted
Squad 2: same as squad 1. Painted
Squad 3: 5-man Command Squad with Cyclone Launcher, Apothecary, DeathWing Champion, Lightning Claws and Power Hammer/Storm Shield.  Painted
Squad 4: 5-man DeathWing Knights. 2 unit unpainted
Squad 5: 5-man Terminator Squad with Plasma Cannon and Chainfist. Unpainted
Squad 6: 1 DeathWing Champion. Unpainted
Bonus: 1 Venerable Dreadnought (assuming that Dreads are never part of the 100 man in the codex astartes)

That leaves another 75 more Termies to go for my full company. All that is left is to figure out the combination to make which would give me an option to to create any combo I will need in future games. What ever the combo, at least 4 squad will be DeathWing Knights for the Apocalypse Deathwing Redemption Force!

Well, this post is not just about my Deathwing, I would like to take this opportunity also to showcase a job I took for a friend some time ago before Christmas. A buddy of mine got into Zombicide 2 from Kickstarter and got himself the set for the first game. Plenty of zombies, very little time. He got me to help out, which gives me a small taste of mini painting for an Iron Painter Chalange (30 minis minimum in 24 hour). To sum it up, it is a real endurance challenge to complete the job with all the distractions I have at home. Nevertheless, job was done and here are the pics.

Batch 1
I had the idea to use a uniformed colour scheme. This will allow you to identify right away any missing pieces.





Batch 2
These guys came once the above batch was completed. He wanted something a little comic like, hence the Wario, Mario Luigi for the big guys. While they look like twins, each twin can be differentiated by the different skin colour tone. The rest? Just random colours I picked out from my pot.




3 comments:

Schedler Vincent said...

Great figures and paint .
Cheers .

FourEyedMonster said...

Very nicely done! I have some zombies from a boardgame called Last Night on Earth but I have yet to paint them. :)

DWolve said...

Thanks guys. Thanks to this job, I'm now addicted to getting boardgames with miniatures XD