Monday, January 20, 2014

Warhammer 40K: Belail and Deathwing Knights

I placed an order for Belial over in December when I decided to get myself Deathwing Company (Yes, all 100 units, 20 5 man squad each!)

So when Belial arrived last week at the shop, I was grinning like the Cheshire cat  since he was the missing piece in my 750 point army.

I was already making 3 Deathwing Knights from my left over terminator pieces, which I decided to make since they are part of the company (4 squad at least for Apocalypse campaign) although I was not really a fan of using them. These knights became my test subject for Belial.
There was a small pit in his left finger which I missed until I started painting. The only defect in this model.

Right away after assembling, I got to work on priming it for later painting.
 
 
One thing good about the primer is that you get a good look on how the light falls on the miniature, which gives a good idea on where to highlight. Unfortunately, these are usually noticed after I post them on my blog. Next time then!
 
Weekends are usually a good time to work on key projects, especially when there is a long weekend due to the holidays. I spread my time between working with Belial and the knights. Belial eventually took precedence over the knights despite me using them as test  subjects earlier.

Finally, I got myself fresh new batteries since it died over the weekend. And here I present to you, Belial and 3 Deathwing Knights.
 
 
 
I will be adding text to the icons at a much later time. Probably some extra wash on the knight's mace and cables.

Next Step:
- Get them on the Battlefield XD

3 comments:

Schedler Vincent said...

Great work and paint !
Cheers .

FourEyedMonster said...

That is a very detailed looking miniature. Finecast?

DWolve said...

Captain Lol: Thanks!

FourEyedMonster: Yes it is. Got it from Wira last week. Only just found out that I could convert one of the Knights into Belial. XD