Friday, December 20, 2013

Warhammer 40K: Dark Vengeance Deathwing Squad 2 Part 1

Finally got the pieces I ebay-ed yesterday. I am not exactly a fan of kit-bashing nor have had any experience with it before. Hence the challenge of making the next unit less identical to the Dark Vengeance Deathwing Squad I had earlier.

Sergeant
  
Assault Gunner
 
  
Chain-fist Guy
 
  
Generic 1
 
  
Generic 2
 
 

As you can see, the most I did was readjusting the right arms of the units as they were a separate piece from the rest of the model unlike the left arm, which was moulded to either the front or the rear part of the body. I also had a plan to readjust the Chain-fist Guy's chainfist arm to the rear, where I will be needing to borrow someone's saw. Perhaps another time.

Also to note was a part swap between Chain-fist Guy's bolter with Generic 1's, which would explain the slight awkward angling of the arm. Generic 2 was added a shoulder insignia from one of my left over bits from the Terminator Assault squad.

These units were then patched up using Citadel's Liquid Green Stuff. I have the green stuff putty at hand, which I decided not to use them at the moment (still fresh and unopened from the packaging).

Hopefully, I will get to prime them and start painting over the next week for my 750 point army.

The Original Dark Vengeance Deathwings, unmodified


2 comments:

Schedler Vincent said...

I follow , great the last image .
Cheers .

DWolve said...

Coming from you Captain, is an honor! And Merry Christmas to you!