Saturday, June 14, 2014

Warhammer 40K: Dark Angel Company Masters Part 2

Finally, 8 out of 10 Company Masters.

 

The only ones left are Sammael of the 2nd Company (Ravenwing) and the 9th Devastator Company remaining.

Belial, 1st Company - Deathwing

3rd Battle Company

4th Battle Company

Balthazar, 5th Battle Company

6th Tactical Company

7th Tactical Company

In case you are wondering, yes. I am swapping both masters of 6th and 7th in to keep so that it would be easier to line them up in the display case as seen in the top two image. I'll be fixing the leg insignia very soon.

And now, the new ones.

8th Assault Company
 
 

10th Scout Company
 
 

For the 9th Devastator Company, I decided against using the standard Space Marine Captain Model as I notice the left arm position is very similar to the AOBR captain (my 4th Company in this case). I am going to see if I can make something worth while after getting a box of devastator squad.

As an added follow up, the new librarians.

Librarian 1
 
 
Head swap with the Master of Marches Captain. Seriously, he looks better as a librarian with the scroll in front of him.

Librarian 2
 
 
Head swap with Master of Rites Captain. Just realised that this guy has an Iron Halo, which is not available for librarians. Oh well, who cares. The other piece of this model was warping at an odd angle. Probably due to the weight itself. I am currently working on fixing this and will attach to it once it is done. The right shoulder pad also had a subtle indentation for the Tactical squad which I will rectify once I have an idea on what to do with it.

I will be back to finish up the Land Raider since I recently had some good inspiration from Mini Brush Studio.


4 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

You have an impressive looking collection for sure. ^_^ I have never tried painting a space marine leader before as I am a bit intimidated by the work needed to make a banner look good. Maybe it's time to bring out my SM Captain from the Assault on Black Reach set and paint him. Lol ... yes you heard right. I have not even finished painting my first ever W40K set yet! XD

DWolve said...

Thanks. Apparently not all captains carry banners, although one thing I notice in common is the amount of ropes/tassels they have on their body XD.

I do agree that it takes quite alot to get the banners look good. But in this case, I went for somewhat simple route as most of the parts I paint gold instead.

Some key point I forgot about was that the banners are best attached last. A good example was the 3rd Company master where I made a mistake of gluing everything on (which is a bad habit of mine). That made the banner tricky to paint and I even got the Dark Angel symbol wrong. Will be correcting that later, of course.

The banner for 4th was just a modification of what was seen on the AOBR box set, while 6th was basically a paint by number as shown on the box.

One thing I found useful was to get the background done first. Via base-wash-layer-drybrush combo before doing the details.

DWolve said...

BTW, looking forward to see your AOBR set complete XD

FourEyedMonster said...

LOL ... my AOBR set may never be completed. ^_^

I hear you on the gluing of parts. I would prefer gluing them all together before painting but unfortunately that's not always possible. -_-