Monday, March 24, 2014

Gundam: UMF-4A GOOhN Part 1

This is a side project which I started as I am planning to get myself a large model to include in my army (specifically, all 3 land raider variants).

This GOOhN model was the final piece of my Gundam SEED basic grade collection. Basic grade are models with almost zero articulation and barely pose-able. These set were my first gundam models I collected before slowly moving on to High Grade kits (Seed, Seed Destiny and Double 0).

Although I had plenty of these models (almost at least every HG single kit from the three series above), I never did bother painting them as I expected that I will be needing an air brush to be able to work on them well.

The GOOhN is a mass produced amphibious model used by ZAFT in Gundam SEED. According to a buddy of mine, the GOOhN model was so unpopular that the models were supposedly given away/tossed away by the shopkeepers in Japan. But then again, he tends to over exaggerate things a lot.

 

The model was primed in my usual Bosny's Blackboard Black before basecoating them with the colours above.
The basecoats used were Ushbati Bone, Mournfang Brown and a Caliban Green/Steel Legion Drab mix.

My concern was that there will be clouding or brush streaks which would appear on the model after painting. Surprisingly, these turned out well. I used a large flatbrush (something of Citadel's large drybrush) to work on the model. It took me about 3-4 layers to get a good finish as shown above.

Hopefully the next few days will see me finishing them well.

No comments: