Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Misc: Mid July Works

Since my buddy is joining a painting challenge, I decided to accelerate my work on a few models to free up the time for me to paint alongside him.

Eldrad Ulthran





I was working on this model partly before my iPad screen broke. Once fixed, my painting speed went on hold until recently when it broke again.

Anyway, got this done with whatever pots of paint, rather than buying the new sigmar paints that Duncan used in his tutorial. Only thing left is the glyphs on the cloak.

Robotech Tactics Spartan
Since my Hi-Metal R model arrived I decided to finished up these two units to at least have a set of destroids available on my table. The model is basecoated with Caliban Green, followed by Kabalite Green and the washed with Nuln Oil, then drubrushed with Kabalite Green. Probably should have gotten Sybarite Green which looks much more closer to the model's colour. At least it is now complete.

Robotech Tactis Regult
Another model which I decided to run a test scheme to differ from the first painted set. This time using Kantor Blue and Ulthuan Grey. Darker greys were Dawnstone and the darkest colour are Stegadon Scale Green.

Side by side comparison between the old and new

Deathwing
Also, I have decided to work on a different technique for my Deathwing units. Instead of the entire basecoated with Zandri Dust/Ushabti Bone like I used to, this one is basecoated with Zandri Dust, followed by a wash in Agrax Earthshade. The Ushabti is then applied only on the main surfaces while most other areas are left to create a distinct visual depth on the models. If this works, I'll probably adopt this as my new method to paint the Deathwings.

2 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

You have been busy :) And lovely detail work on Eldrad Ulthran too!

DWolve said...

Thanks.

Considering that there is a 3 month lapse since I last touch the brush, I need to speed things up.