Monday, September 22, 2014

Warhammer 40K+Misc: 5th Company, Tau Commander Arra'Kon and Zong Shi

5th Company
Just a little pictorial post to record the work done so far until now. More units now join the rank of the 5th Company. The devastator squad and scout models are basically the only infantry models I have yet to acquire.

Company Veterans
The company veterans are completed except for the single company champion. Since the Veteran Squad is a loose group drawn from the existing companies with no dedicated company assignment for them, I will be integrating them within the various companies itself. Also to note, the existing model for the 9th Company Master is included above as I found another model instead. You can say he is demoted. He will be joining a dedicated command squad instead.

Tactical Squad. All bolters. Not a legal squad

Assault Squad at 50 percent
At this point, I realised that I am not exactly consistent in the colour used for the various iconography. I will be adding a page later to keep this in check since it can be a little tiresome to search for the very specific steps.

Commander Arra'Kon


Model is done. Left the bast to be done. Will be keeping the base colour red in consistent with the existing Mars like desert scheme as done in the previous 2 models. I may just add some grass in as to show it is not all lifeless.

Zong Shi


From a boardgame I got some time ago via Kickstarter with a friend, I decided to give the models a little life with some colour. The above is the Jade Buddha token used as a start player marker in the game itself. the model is very well detailed, although a little sticky to hold for some reason. Inside the box for too long perhaps. Since the model above is suppose to be jade, I used various colours of green and mostly dry brushing.
  1. Basecoat with Caliban Green
  2. Wash with Nuln Oil (I previously washed with Beil-Tan Green. It was not dark enough to my liking)
  3. Drybrush with Caliban Green
  4. Drybrush with Kabalite Green
  5. Drybrush with Warpstone Glow
  6. Drybrush with Moot Green
  7. Glaze with Waywatcher Green
  8. Apply Hardcoat to give it a shine
The drybrushing should be lighter then the previous layers.

The masters and the apprentices above are painted accordingly to their colour. Although the colours are not exactly the same as the original token, they should be approximate enough to match their corresponding player tokens.


6 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

Great to see your Dark Angels all done up. ^_^ Sadly for me, my Dark Angels will unlikely get painted and even then would be used as painting practice for all colours under the rainbow! LoL ^_^ Sigh ... sorely tempted to sell my Dark Angels second hand to raise funds for paints ... after all my extra Dark Vengeance set is already for sale.

Some interesting kickstarter stuff too. I love how you managed to make the Laughing Buddha look like jade. Very very cool! :)

DWolve said...

Thanks FourEyedMonster.

The Buddha itself was suppose to be a jade Buddha token in the game. As the material was turning sticky, I though painting it would probably remove the stickiness. Also, it was a great practice to give that effect on the model.

Also, what do you have in your DA at the moment? I might be interested in taking some of your hands if you want at a much later time for my chapter XD.

Btw, love your Warboss! Make me want to pick up some Orks XD

FourEyedMonster said...

Thanks DWolve ... yeah orks are fun to paint because there are so many details in each mini. Definitely will make you a better painter. :)

All the DA stuff I have are from the Dark Vengeance Limited Edition set. Heck, if you are interested I am willing to sell all my DA stuff from that set to you (including the limited edition figure) for only RM160. Better to sell it at a loss and give them a better home rather than keep them in my closet gathering dust. :) Just let me know if you are interested and we could always meet up in one of the central shopping malls like MidValley. ^_^

DWolve said...

Interested? Yes. Able to afford? Not at the moment since I had plenty of extra spending last month. Need some time for them to recover. I'll check you out when I am ready.

FourEyedMonster said...

No worries ... take your time. Perfectly understandable seeing how big a pocket the hobby burns in our pockets. Lucky for us our wives are understanding. LOL ^_^

DWolve said...

Lol. I actually had a debate with my wife on which is better, being a football widow or a plastic widow. XD