Sunday, May 04, 2014

Warhammer 40K: Land Raider Part 2

Just a short update as I did not get much done this session around since the family head out earlier today. At least it is now about 70% completed.

 
Initial layer of basecoating
 
 
 
Main chassis completed with the threads and exhaust painted. Side door and pontoons are magnetised
In case anyone's interested on the magnetization
The magnets uses were 2mm niobium magnets which I got from miniwargaming.com some time ago. The panels are using a thin tape magnet which I recently bought from Daiso. This is not the best solution for magnetizing the parts, but does help to hold them when needed. I am currently looking looking for alternatives of the tape magnet since it is a weak magnet piece and also a little too thick for my liking, as seen in pictures above.


2 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

I have a chaos one myself but can never seem to find the time to get it assembled and painted up. :)

DWolve said...

I know what you mean. I've got some other models left aside for this to take priority. Also, I intent to submit this at the coming Legios Birthday Bash.

Hopefully the additional parts I ordered online will arrive in time XD