Sunday, October 26, 2014

Warhammer 40K: 5th Company Dreadnought Complete

Completed the Dreadnoughts over last night. They could have been completed much earlier if I can get time aside on the dining table to work on them. It is hard to be able to paint these days unless I am pulling an overnighter like last night. (10 pm to 3 am)

I added some iconography from whatever I have in my bit boxes to spice the models up instead of leaving them blank. Got the idea to paint the chapter and company logo on the legs from the web while looking out for ideas to make mortis dreadnoughts.

I have also started working on some space hulk models here and there which gave me an idea of adding photos to my paint method page. The first I will be working on will be the librarian and a standard terminator with storm bolter. I will be adding further to the articles as I worked on them.

The Space Hulk models so far.
 
 
 
I will be focusing on the two models above for the moment to add more contents for my Paint Method page.
 
This model was tough to basecoat with the extra cloths flowing around. On the plus side, less to work underneath it.
 
I decided to add this in my initial list since it would be fun to paint a dead termie too. I did not have this guy in my earlier Death Angel project.


2 comments:

FourEyedMonster said...

Good work man. :) Just the other day I saw some Dark Angels painted in a different shade of green (non-canon if you will) ... and it looked really cool. If only I remember that site so I can referenced it for you. :(

DWolve said...

A successor chapter perhaps? With these two prototype dreadnoughts done, hopefully I can get the Space Hulk termies up my Christmas.